Nioura advises and represents entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to global corporations, on a broad variety of corporate matters with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and technology transactions. Her work involves all aspects of running transactions, among them drafting and negotiating deal terms and principal agreements, managing transaction diligence and advising on various legal issues from initial discussions to closing. Nioura also represents issuers and venture capital investors in the formation and financing of emerging companies.
Prior to joining Osborn McDerby, Nioura was in-house counsel at an emerging healthcare startup in Silicon Valley, where she provided corporate legal services and led the business development group. Before that, she was an associate at a business transactions law firm based in Oakland, California.
Nioura lives in the East Bay with her husband and son.
Associate General Counsel and Director of Business Development at Global EyeVentures, LLC
Associate at Curls Bartling, P.C.
Member of The State Bar of California (Business Law and IP Law Sections)
Ambassador for the California Minority Counsel Program
Member and Past President of the Iranian American Bar Association, Northern California
Member of ProVisors and Bay Area Women’s Affinity Group (BAWOM)
Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D.
Golden Gate University Ageno School of Business, M.B.A.
University of Waterloo, B.A. in Economics
- Counsel to Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR) in connection with its acquisition of several privately held oncology treatment software companies.
- Represented an applicant tracking software company in its sale to a large payroll provider.
- Represented an award-winning staffing service business in the sale of all of its stock to a private equity investor.
- Represented a digital creative agency in its sale to a global data warehousing company.
- Represented an emerging growth company in connection with the leasing of a famous comedian and actor’s brand name and likeness.
- Counsel to a venture capital investor with respect to various investments in emerging growth technology companies.
- Represented a cloud-based document fetch and storage company in private placement offerings of Series Seed and Series A preferred stock.